Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tale of an Extraordinary Evening

My friend Spenser told me she was performing in Tales of the Extraordinary tonight, so I said I would go see her. For those hypothetical readers who can't be bothered to click on a hyperlink, Tales is a podcast in the style of a 1920s radio serial, recorded in front of a live audience. When I got there, it turned out there was one actor to few or one part too many or something, and I found myself reading from a script I'd never seen before with a group of people most of whom I'd never seen before in front of another group of people I'd never seen before.Well, I'm used to that last part. It's called an audience. So now I'm a radio star! Except for the "star" part. And the "radio." Anyway, the episode with my contribution is supposed to go up this Friday at www.emptysea.net. It's "The Revenge of" something or other, episode 1.

No comments: