Friday, August 31, 2007

Represented

I have a new commercial agent! I left the theater in June with the intention of booking commercials, TV shows and films. I've had a few successes in the past couple of months, and this week I feel like things have moved a big step forward. I had already done a mass mailing to casting directors with a cover letter and four brand new headshots in each envelope and was preparing to do the same for agencies when I got a call from my friend Dino, who is an assistant of this particular agent. He had recommended that she take me on as well to help out, and I jumped at the chance. Not only would it be an opportunity to learn about the business from a different perspective, but there was the possibility of making a little money at it. But when I met her, she immediately had me audition and ended up taking me on as a client. Now, I know having a great agent doesn't mean I get to stop working. Well, the whole point is for me to work more now, right? At least now I feel like I have more people on my side, and that's a very good thing. I don't know what I'm going to do with all those agency mailing labels I printed, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratu-*freaking*-lations!!

-Sorry about the tmesis, it just felt so appropriate. Hey, does this mean when telemarketers call, you can tell them to 'talk to your agent'?

Keith said...

Thank you! Interesting idea, but I don't think I would have an agent for long if I did that.

Cheers,
KB

PS: At the risk of seeming ungracious, I don't think that can be considered tmsesis because it doesn't break a compound word into parts. It would be safer to call it an expletive infixation.

PPS: No one out-freaking-pedants me, mwah-ha-ha!

PPPS: Even though I did have to look up tmesis to find out what the hell it meant.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear that things are going your way, Keith!