Monday, November 03, 2008

I'm Going to Avonlea!


Regular readers of this blog (if such fabulous creatures were to actually exist outside of my imagination) may recall my account of an audition gone awry during which I performed an inappropriate monologue. This was actually my third audition at this particular theater, and I more or less decided I was going to be permanent persona non grata. To my surprise, I got a callback, but not to my surprise, I didn't get the part. Within days, however, I did get a part (multiple roles, actually) in another show at another theater, so I was happy. Just a few days before the sold-out final performance of that show, I got an unsolicited call from a director at the first theater inviting me to come to an audition. Who am I to pass up another chance for rejection, I thought. So I went in not really expecting much, came out about five minutes later expecting less, and within a couple of hours I found myself cast in Anne of Green Gables - The Musical! I play the title character. No, I don't really. I may only have a couple of lines. I haven't seen the script yet. I'm just excited to be part of it. More news as the story develops.

ANNE OF GREEN GABLES

Dec. 18 and 19 at 8 p.m.
Dec. 20 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Dec. 21 at 2 p.m.
The Heritage Forum
201 E. Broadway Ave.
Anaheim, California


Tickets available online.


For more information, go to chancetheater.com or call (714) 777-3033.

No comments: