Friday, June 20, 2008

I Hate Nature and Nature Hates Me

It's too damn hot today. Oh, sure, it's my fault, just because I drive an internal-combustion-powered vehicle for insanely long distances, thereby exacerbating the greenhouse effect and speeding the planet's death spiral. OK, there may be some truth to that, but I'm somewhat constrained in my choice of transportation and residence right now. If I could live within reasonable pedaling distance of where I need to go, I would, all right? Anyway, it's too damn hot to wash and dry a load of clothes today, but the shirt I wanted to wear to the show tonight was dirty, so I decided to rinse it in the sink and let it dry in the sun. (Have I mentioned that it's hot?) But I figured if I hung it up, it would stretch and get awkward little points from where it was hung, so I laid it out on a flat surface. About 20 minutes, later, it was completely dry, unwrinkled, and toasty warm. It also had bird poop on it. That's right, some bird with all day in which to poop and basically the whole world as its toilet decided that it had to use that particular 2-square-foot area during that precise 20-minute span of time. Out of virtually infinite pooping possibilities, my shirt was this bird's preferred place to poop. This was no accident. This bird is malevolent. Watch the skies.

Or come watch our show. It's indoors, so your chances of getting pooped on our vanishingly small.

7:30, June, 20 2008 (Tonight!)
Admission: $10.

Roderick's Restaurant
14131 Redhill Ave
Tustin 92780 (714) 665-2709

Seating is still available, but we do recommend calling ahead if possible. Food and drink are available before, during, and after the show.

No comments: