Thursday, October 13, 2005

Brush With a Brush With Fame

So I'm at the Westwood Brewing Company (which isn't a brewing company at all) with an actress you've never heard of when she says, "I'm going to talk to Marisa Tomei" and leaves the table. A few minutes later she comes back and announces, "I just hugged Marisa Tomei," as indeed she had. Kind of makes me wonder how many other Oscar-winning actors I've been within hugging distance of without realizing it during all my years in and around L.A. Even when I've been on sets with famous people, I'm slow to recognize them. Well, there you have it: my first celebrity name-dropping. Pretty soon I'll resort to pictures of cute, furry animals.

2 comments:

Meegs said...

I've discovered that nobody ever comments about brushes with fame... unless it's Tobey Maguire... I say go with the furry animals. They never let me down.

Keith said...

What about a picture of Tobey Maguire with a furry animal? I bet that would get their attention.