Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back for Seconds


After weeks of internalizing and projecting someone else's words and ideas, it was both challenging and refreshing to be asked to write my own lines on the fly again. This week I returned to Second City LA, now a student in the conservatory program. Out of the 13 Immersion Workshop students with whom I auditioned, three are in the class with me. I had naively expected just to pick up where I left off six weeks ago, but now in place of all that existing trust and camaraderie I have new classmates and a new teacher, and it's been a while since I stretched those improv muscles. I think I laid an egg in the chicken sketch (ouch). But a few things seemed to click, and I'm confident by the end of session I'll have picked up a few new skills and hopefully some new friends as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how well you all know each other over there, but my good friend Alison is currently in the process of graduating the program. She's currently doing shows on Friday nights and is part of "Intelligent Design. Uncut". So maybe you know each other. Small acting world it turns out to be. ;)

BTW thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the tip on the thing in LBC. But I haven't had a chance to email and am stressing the gas situation and some other things are sort of unknown at the moment. But I could not appreciate the thoughts more....and hope very much to keep in touch once October is over.
Kisses
M