Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Playing G_d

Despite rumors of his death, great Pan is alive and unwell, holed up in Oregon with only his memories, delusions and two aging nymphs for company as he rails against a changing world that once belonged to him. That's the premise of Pan, making its world premiere under the auspices of the Long Beach Shakespeare Co. I play Jesus, who confronts the aging goat-god in a series of highly charged visions. In an odd bit of double-casting, I also have a couple of walk-ons as a follower of Pan. Hopefully this won't be as confusing to the audience as it was to me. I think I've got it all sorted out now. I just got back from our first dress rehearsal, tired but excited. This should be an entertaining and provocative piece of theater. More info: 562-997-1494.

No comments: